Monday, December 6, 2010

Reflection

The knowledge I have obtained from my research showed me in order to be a true Christian of value you must make sacrifices and see the life of others as your own.  You must not do what others tell you but what your heart tells you, because when you listen to your heart you are truly listening to the word of God. 
Mother Teresa's life has inspired me to follow the beatitudes by showing me no matter how much pain and suffering you go through you shall always find happiness and strength by following the words of God.  One thing that really inspired me was when Mother Teresa helped the sick that had highly contagious diseases but she did not contract any of the diseases.  This inspired me by showing me if you are doing a deed with a pure heart, God will always protect you.
The difficulties with upholding the beatitudes in our generation are that people might take a kind gesture into a negative thought.  The challenges I may face in the beatitude "blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God",  are that others may take advantage of me.  The difficulties in our society today is that everyone is always too busy to lend a hand and those who are willing will be judged and persecuted not physically but emotionally through harsh words.  Despite the challenges that my fellow Christians and I may face in today's society, we will continue to live by the word of God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment